September 8, 2022
Dear Families, Welcome back! It was so wonderful to see everyone at arrival this morning! The school day is off to a fantastic start. Please see detailed information below for dismissal, arrival tomorrow, and meals.
- Dismissal is in the schoolyard. Kindergarten pickup is at 2:45 and Grades 1-5 is at 2:50pm.
- Caregivers must wait outside the school gate until all classes are ready for pickup. It is too chaotic and we cannot assure the safety of the students if the area is crowded with parents while classes are walking to their line spots.
- Caregivers may only enter/exit via the gate closest to the school building; the other gate will remain closed for safety.
- Teachers must see each caregiver and say goodbye to the individual student before the student leaves. Do not remove your student from the line while the teachers are preparing for dropoff. Dismissal and arrival time is not the time to chat with teachers; they must give their full attention to safely getting students to their dismissal caregivers.
- Exit the schoolyard immediately after pickup up your child from their teacher. Please do not crowd the gate area.
- Pets may not enter the schoolyard gates.
- Students can be dropped off as early as 8am in the schoolyard for supervised play.
- They will be picked up at 8:30am by their teachers in their assigned class spots.
- Beginning Monday, September 12 caregivers must say goodbye to their children at the gate entrance and will not be able to enter the schoolyard.
- Any students who want to eat breakfast should enter via the schoolyard, go up the ramp, and into the cafeteria.
- Breakfast is available between 8-8:30am every morning.
- Students cannot eat in the classroom this year and there is no grab-and-go breakfast available.
- Breakfast is FREE for all.
- Lunch is FREE for all. Students may also bring their lunch.
- PreK through 2nd Grade has lunch and recess between 10:50-11:40.
- 3rd through 5th Grade has lunch and recess between 12:40-1:30pm.
Entering the school building
- All visitors to the building must sign in with school safety and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination each day they come.
- Today your student is receiving a packet of important papers from the office and we need you to complete and return them right away. This includes their emergency form, immunization information, and field trip permission slip. Please contact Joyce with any questions.
Welcome Back Letter from the DOE