Support the PTA by volunteering your time! Sign up here.
Being a Children’s Workshop School parent/guardian means you are a part of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA).
The PTA Does That?!
At Children’s Workshop School, our “family under one sky” is committed to a rich educational experience for every child. In order to provide many of our programs that the department of education does not fund, we raise money in many different ways.
What we fund
* Technology needs for Remote + Hybrid learning (laptops, tablet keyboards, adapters, etc.)
* School safety supplies including classroom fans, cleaning supplies and additional PPE (if needed)
* Music Program
* STARs Program
* Bridges k-5 Math Program
* Supplemental classroom supplies
* Library Maintenance & software
* And more!
How we raise funds
* Donations (company matches, phone drive, GivFund, paypal)
* Events (like Schoolapalooza)
* CWS Merchandise sales *
* School dress up day donations
* Children’s Film Fest (percentage of proceeds)
* Amazon Smile
* Corporate Donations
* Scrips Gift Card Sales
The PTA is the most direct vehicle for parent/guardian involvement in the school, allowing them to serve as partners both in their children’s educations and in the schools themselves. Involvement can mean inspiring parents/guardians to attend meetings, volunteer with activities and events, support classroom work, and bring needed resources to the school.
How can you help? Attend a PTA meeting!
General PTA meetings are held once a month. The meeting is your forum to voice opinion, discuss ideas, and participate in your child’s education.
2021-2022 General Meeting Dates (via Zoom until further notice)
Minutes for meetings available here
All meetings at 6:15pm EST
2021-2022 Executive Board Meeting Dates (via Zoom until further notice)
All meetings at 7:00pm EST
Meeting Logs and Financial Reports are available upon request.