Happy Friday! Today Aliceyn & Ally’s class and Chairin & Stephanie’s class performed for our Honoring the Dream – Community Meeting series. You can watch their performances here.
Progress reports are going home today. At CWS we are proud that our teachers take the time to write thorough narrative reports for each student, which go well beyond traditional graded reports. These progress reports are a great tool to see how your child is doing in school, and to set the stage for family conferences, which will happen on March 2 and 3 right after mid-winter break.
Health & Safety Updates
– If your child stays home sick for a day with any symptom that could be COVID-19 (sore throat, stomach ache, fatigue, etc) they must receive a negative COVID test before they can return to school.
– Please continue to test your child regularly for COVID-19 unless they already tested positive within the past 90 days. The LabQ van will be in front of school on Tuesday and Thursday next week. It will return for a week after break.
– Send me a Bloomz message if your child tests positive for COVID-19 or is exposed to a known positive case either in their household or in any setting outside of school.
– Well-fitting masks are still required in school at all times except when actively eating or drinking. The mask mandate that expired pertained to private businesses; mask mandates are still in effect for NYC public schools.
– We’ve had reports of lice. I ask all families to check their children for lice regularly. Here is a flyer on how to check for lice.
Next week is a big one! Wednesday, February 16 is the 100th day of school!
Next week is also Respect for All Week, with optional dress-up days.
Monday 2/14/22: Throw kindness around like confetti – Wear Valentine’s Day colors (red, pink, white) or something colorful
Tuesday 2/15/22: Sock it to bullying – Wear a pair of crazy socks to remind you to sock it to bullying
Wednesday 2/16/22: Everyone counts – Wear your favorite sports team jersey or shirt with a number to show that everyone counts
Thursday 2/17/22: Highlight respect – Wear neon colors to highlight respect
Friday 2/18/22: Character Day – Dress up as notable characters from movies, books, or television
As a reminder, there is no school Monday, February 21 through Friday, February 25 for mid-winter break.